Saturday 29 May 2010

Sunshine After the Rain

Last Saturday was shorts, suntan lotion and sitting on the beach catching up with friends. This Saturday was umbrellas, raincoats and lighting the fire! That's a real treat, as we don't have an open fire at home; it's not exactly an open fire here, being a wood-burning stove, but it still smells just as good. When the rain had dwindled to just a fine mist and the sun came out, the garden was so full of photo-ops that I'll have to make two posts, one today and one tomorrow. We were standing by the pond at one stage when C felt something jump against his leg - a minute later and we spotted a big frog taking a dive into the pond. There are still tadpoles too, which I would have thought was late in a normal summer.







Goodness, I'll be glad to get back to the GIMP for my editing next week. For some peculiar reason Photofiltre, which was what I had previously installed on my aunt's PC for easy resizing when she wants to email photos, changes all my photos to 314dpi, and I don't understand the options for editing colour and contrast. So it's lucky these all came out of the camera ready to go.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

There is such a beauty in the leftover raindrops. I don't know if it's the texture that it appears to add or the jewel-like quality of the droplets. In any case I love the pictures.