Wednesday 5 May 2010

Long Way Round...

One of C's Christmas present was the DVD of Ewan McGregor's and Charlie Boorman's Long Way Round. This package didn't go right round the world, but I've never seen an Amazon package with so many different postal stickers on it. I ordered it just before the first volcanic ash episode, and it must have been rerouted. The first sticker is Nevada, the second is Kentucky, the third is France and the fourth is UK. Its safe, if delayed, arrival sees me halfway through the Complete Peanuts collection - only another six years to go to complete the whole set!


The leaf made me think of a cello or violin - all the other ones were a more normal leaf shape. I'll have to pay more attention to what tree it came from, somehow you don't expect red at this time of year.


Two photos from today - it had rained heavily overnight and was still raining when I went to work this morning.


It was dry by the time I came home, and I spotted these tiny little mushrooms growing in some old woodchip mulch along the edge of a field. The biggest one is about the size of my thumbnail.


And a card I made with a photo of the lovely bunch of tulips and daffodils my mother-in-law sent me for my birthday when C visited his parents the day before.

3 comments:

MariLynn said...

I love how your tulip photo looks with that sketch. I like the little swirly flourishes in the corners.

Julie M said...

Well, Sabrina - you are now responsible for me beginning my Complete Peanuts collection - you big enabler you! How did I not know about this before now?!!!

Vol 1 on order!!!!

Julie.

P.S. I love your blog - it's the best kind, with all sorts of interesting pics and stories.

Lorraine said...

I really like that layout with your tulip picture. You must have an awesome printer - that photo is gorgeous.