Friday 23 April 2010

Out and About in Town


I spotted this bright reflection in the Liffey this morning. I couldn't think what it was - but after I got beyond the bridge and could see, it was just a truck cab pulled in for a rest.


It was a rather pale, watery sunshine, but enough for a bus to reflect in the Guinness sign.

 

A weed growing on the wall along the river.

And this week I even have a contribution from C. He took my little camera this morning because he'd seen mallard chicks on the canal yesterday. They were gone today, but there is also a nesting swan. With the good weather a lot of people are out along the canal at lunch time, and the swans are quite threatening to anyone who gets too close.



Lorraine, thank you so much for everything. Including the feather :D  I am sorry I don't know how to rotate a brush in GIMP to make a better frame.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Ha! Is there some superstition about having weeds on the roof? I love the intense blue of the bridge. You have such great luck with reflections - the water and the bus are wonderful. And I think that there are some weeds that are really beautiful. This one against the rocks is lovely.

Great pic of the swan C! I love the vertical lines of the reeds.

And lastly - you are very welcome.