Friday 30 April 2010

More Mami-Doodles

The first card is another one I made with Elisa's Midori set of images. We have so much gorgeous washi and chiyogami paper that we've bought here and there over the years, but I always find it hard to use any up. And if I am bad, C is ten times worse!  I did use some on this card. She is printed on white card and coloured with H2Os, with Liquid Pearls in her hair.





The second card was made with the Escargot and Champignon set. I like snails on cards, and use them often. I do not like them in the garden - they do so much damage so quickly. And slug pellets are unsightly. We have an engineering friend who put copper strips round all his tender vegetables, and then connected them all up to a battery on a pole, so that a mild current ran through them. It seemed to be sufficient to deter the snails and slugs without killing them, but was quite odd to see.
For my snail-shell and pebbles I used Glossy Accents, and Liquid Pearls on the mushroom. This time I printed the image on watercolour paper, with watercolour pencils and chalk pastels for colouring.



Thank you, Elisa. for inviting me to be your first Guest Designer. I had fun working with these images.

4 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Two great cards Sabrina, I love how you used the ribbon.

Joan Ervin said...

Your little oriental girl is sooo pretty, Sabrina, and I love the gorgeous papers!!! The snail is adorable and what a great idea to use the Glossey Accents and Liquid Pearls!!! Love how you framed it with ribbon, too!!!!

Lorraine said...

I love the subtle coloring of her kimono and how you popped up her parasol. And I agree with Joan about the ribbon framing of the second one and the glossy accents. Your cards are beautiful - as is the gorgeous one I received in the mail this weekend. What a wonderful surprise.

Kathy Jones said...

These are both wonderful!!! Love the detailing you've added to your cards!!!