Monday 26 July 2010

Back in the North

Well, in fact we were back up on Sunday, as C left his birthday present guitar tuner behind the previous weekend. But these are a few more photos from when we were staying - yesterday was just up in the afternoon and back in the evening. We stopped for some chips (fries) in Newry at a chippers he'd been to before - they were really lovely, but I didn't so much appreciate the smell in the car this morning.
Here's hoping that August is not going to be such a mad and manic month. I still haven't even finished sorting and deleting my June photos!

Ballycastle, where we stopped for a HUGE fry which kept us going all day.


This was taken through the restaurant window - I just liked the way the t-shirt the guy in the phone box was wearing matched the phone box.



Along the cliff walk at the Causeway




And just some more photos of the Causeway itself  - I did say I found it fascinating, didn't I!





3 comments:

Mami Doodles said...

I was fascinated by the Causeway too. But I'd say you enjoyed much more than we did as we went in winter and were freezing cold!

The dahlia bud with the water droplet is lovely, I love the quiet photos.

Julie M said...

Oh I want to go back there - I love NI. Lovely pics. And I can't remember the last time I saw someone use a phone box.

Julie

Lorraine said...

The Causeway surely is fascinating. Those rocks - such an oddity and beautiful. I really do like the phone booth picture. You've framed it perfectly with the cars and boats in the background. And the cliff! The contrast is beautiful. I can't say the last time I actually saw a phone booth, let alone someone using one. I think it's just crazy the way people walk around with cell phones now having conversations all the time. At least in the privacy of the box you don't have to hear them!