Wednesday 14 July 2010

Baby Birds

I spent way too much time this morning watching the birds on the feeders. But what is a day off for if it's not to relax. I do believe we have two baby robins, but they hop around so fast I didn't really get a good picture. There are definitely at least two little coal tits, and as usual a whole raft of little sparrows. This shot of the sparrows was sheer luck.



Bluetits



Coaltits


Edited because actually I think this one is a baby great tit, not a coaltit.


And this one is so small and scruffy that it's hard to be sure which it is at all.


Come to think of it, in all the time I sat there I never saw the adult great tits, but I am sure they are still around.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Sabrina, what a marvelous picture of those sparrows. You couldn't have posed them any better! I love the creamy yellow of the tits. They all look so friendly. So glad they showed up to keep you company on your day off.