Friday 5 March 2010

More Birds

I wasn't expecting to work today, but got a text this morning at quarter to eight, saying someone else was sick. So instead of a walk in the park, I went to the shopping centre after work to collect the photos from last year's holiday, and walked home from there. I was really puzzled because I knew I still had two books I could take out from the library, so I went in and chose two and went to the desk. And hen th librarian told me I already had ten items. I was surprised, but he was sure, so I put them back. I came home and logged into my account, and there are two books i most certainly didn't take out. Still waiting to hear back from the library on that one - I don't want to end up with overdue charges for books I don't have.
It looks as if this swan is ringed.


 Swan symmetry

 



 The robin in the garden, chirping away with his breast puffed out.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

There's something about the line and color of a swan that makes it so appealing to the eye. You've captured them beautifully. We had a pair of cormorants around here about 3-4 years ago. I've only seen them once on a rainy day and they totally threw me for a loop. They looked so Egyptian-like. I've never seen them again. Your robin knows how to keep warm!

MariLynn said...

Cute little robin. I agree with Lorraine. I love the swan photos.