Sunday 28 June 2009

The park, again

Thank goodness for some rain, or I'd have been out watering the garden yet again. We've had such amazing weather that a bit of rain is welcome. Unfortunately right now C's motorbike is sitting uncovered in the front drive, getting wet. His brother is over from Australia with the family (last time they all came was sixteen years ago and there were only three of them, now there are two girls). They were here today, so when we went for a walk in the park, we couldn't all fit in the car - so C went on the bike, and his brother borrowed my helmet and went along pillion. I think we walked a bit further than they were used to, but the girls really wanted to see some deer - and we did :D. Luckily I'd stuck my tele-zoom in the bag.


We had Rick Stein's Moroccan Tagine with Ras-el-Hanout and couscous, followed by homemade strawberry and vanilla icecreams, meringues and chocolate sauce. I think it's the first time I've cooked for anyone else who also works in the cooking field, so it was just slightly intimidating.

No comments: