Tuesday 16 June 2009

A Sunny Day Off

Last night I was just about to go to bed when I checked my mobile and found a message from work saying that today's training was cancelled. So I took advantage of a lovely sunny morning to go to Farmleigh for a walk. I was trying to find some photo opportunities with leading lines. Why is it that when you set out to look for something, it's so much harder than when it just happens by a lucky accident. If I could pick out pictures from my files with leading lines, it would be no problem. But today, all my lines were just lines and didn't seem to lead anywhere. C'est la vie.
It was still a lovely outing, warm and sunny and peaceful.
A couple of photos of the dogwood. The sun went behind a cloud, and I had to wait a while for it to come back out again.


And for today, this is the closest I could come to a photo with leading lines...

However, when I went to hang the washing out before I went for my walk, I spotted this on the patio...
...his shell was a bit cracked, so I think a bird might have spotted him too.

1 comment:

Susan said...

love the perspective you shot the dogwood blossoms.