Monday 15 March 2010

Weekend in the country

We spent this last weekend visiting my dad down in Kerry. Most of my pictures are of birds at his feeding station, but I took these few when we went for a walk across the fields to the post office on Sunday morning, to get some milk. Unfortunately the whole weekend was grey and overcast, but I still got some gardening done, as at least it stayed dry.

Curly in the field - after negotiating some barbed wire along the boundary hedge between land belonging to two different farmers.



Door in an old building - detail and full picture.



Two views over Cloonee Lakes - one from the fields above the house, one from the lake shore at the bottom of the lane up to the house.



And an old shed on the mountainside near the school.

We are off to Clare tomorrow for a few days, so I'll be back with some pictures of Irish countryside after that. And then the mammoth task of dealing with all those bird pictures I took!!

No comments: