Thursday 26 May 2011

Goldfinches

 in the garden this morning...
I had to shoot through the back window because I didn't want to scare them off (and you can see them take flight when a leaf lands on the feeder, although a pigeon passing overhead didn't seem to bother them). And of course it had to be the long side panel beside the door; I cleaned the door itself just last week. So the colour and the sounds are just slightly muted.
I was really watching out because I'd caught a fleeting glimpse of a baby robin, but I wasn't lucky enough to see it again today. Just the parents at their endless task of feeding themselves and their brood.




I'm trying to find a way to link to YouTube that doesn't offer a choice of videos at the end. What that does is seem to make the embedded video bigger so in the preview mode it looks as if you only see one half of it. Bear with me while I work this out! In any case, clicking on it will bring up the full view - which is worth it because there was a pair of birds. And I do think they're a pair - apparently the red patch protrudes just slightly more over the eye in the male, and there's a definite difference between these two.




2 comments:

Sabriel said...

I had to go to Youtube to watch it, but it's really clear :) I love these videos, hoping that you will make them longer some day, and I admire your patience with the techie stuff.

Lorraine said...

I had a sneaking suspicion when I read the title of your post that it might be goldfinches. Looks pretty clear to me (much cleaner than my kitchen window!). It's almost as if they're on some kind of kiddie ride with the bouncing.

I wanted to share this link with you http://myfigments.blogspot.com/2011/05/nature-walk-stamped-masking-tape-card.html - you've got to see these cedar waxwings at the birdbath.