Wednesday 15 July 2009

Misty Morning Flowers

When C was leaving this morning, early to take the car in for a service, he just commented that it was dry. When I got up it was so misty that I tucked my big camera into my bag, hoping for a good atmospheric shot of the swans on the Liffey. I even came back for my lens hood, because there was so much moisture in the air. Well, by the time I got into town there was enough sun peeking through to have burnt any mist off, but because I always leave the house in good time, I was able to snatch these shots in a garden on the way to the bus-stop. I was happy to salvage something from the morning - when I did get into town it's the first morning for a couple of weeks that the swans haven't been there.
There was good sunshine later, and then a totally torrential downpour. To cap it all, I'd unplugged the router this morning, and when I plugged it back in, no wireless connections were working and it took a while to get the radio and laptop back up and running again. When all I really wanted to do was go to bed and sleep for a couple of hours :-(

No comments: