Thursday 1 July 2021

June favourites

 June was a very fruitful month on the card-making front, and, even allowing that I don't normally upload Christmas cards, I had trouble winnowing my favourites down to a reasonable number to share.

I also "upgraded" the summer insert for my 12" square frame - the one I made 5 years ago has always been my least favourite of the four seasons. The first card, I made for our anniversary. And then about four days later, when thinking about a Paris-themed stamp and wondering about using it to make my sister's anniversary card, I suddenly remembered that I had made a Paris card back in February intending it to be C's card. So, since it's not suitable for his birthday, he got an extra card a few days late. The glass seahorse is one he brought me back from a trip to Portugal a few years ago. 




(C didn't like the "keep swimming" on this next one, he didn't get it. I've used it in the past when send cards of encouragement to people going through a hard time, and I think it works well. But it was actually detachable, so it's currently detached). 





There is an independent book shop in town called "The Gutter Bookshop", which is what triggered the Oscar Wilde  quote when I wanted to use the rat and dustbin on a card and was trying to think what on earth I could add and still end up with a card I would be happy to send.



Since we managed a trip to Clare last July, this month's header is a photo taken from the shore of one of the Burren lakes. 


2 comments:

Lorraine said...

You sure have had a beautifully productive month. What a bevy of wonderful cards. Your summer insert is really sweet, especially the little gulls. And that seahorse is so cool.

Wavejumper said...

Beautiful group of cards. I esp like the couple in the rain the city in the white monochrome.

The rat...well I dont have to tell you. LOL I am not so nice as to see them that way.

I am studying the multi window which I think is the one you refer to as seasonal...I love when you make those. :)

hugs Margot