Wednesday 7 July 2021

Mostly birds

 I discovered, recently, that there was another pond in the Phoenix Park which I wasn't familiar with, so I took a detour and visited it last week. It's small, very much a pond, but set back a bit from the road and very peaceful. I watched squirrels chasing each other, a young moorhen (I think) feeding, and a thrush bathing. 





I tried to take photos of the thrush bathing, but because it was quite shady - the pond is surrounded by trees, a video was the better option. 


The other photos are just a sparrow feeding a young one, in the garden, and the Highland cattle in St Catherine's Park, which we visited for a walk one evening last week. Hard to get a photo with the lowe evening light and the long growth in the water meadow, but it was lovely. 









2 comments:

Wavejumper said...

Charming. How fun to find a new spot. :) Sometimes those little ones off the beaten path can yield wonderful things.

I like the cattle picture a lot too .

hugs Margot

Lorraine said...

Sweet birds - love the bathing video. Isn't it funny sometimes how the light is so beautiful to our eyes but uncapturable by the lens.