Monday 26 July 2021

Glenshelane Woods

 Our third trip was to Glenshelane Woods, near Cappoquin. When the kids were smaller, they used to go there for picnics after riding on Saturday mornings - they could paddle and cool down. I paddled too when we got back from our walk - with the sun right behind the bridge, getting on the other side of it was the only way I could take any photos showing it clearly. It had three arches, in diminishing sizes. There were some tiny little fish swimming in there, too. As the river seemed to divide in two after I got to the other side, it still wasn't possible to take a picture showing all three arches. 

We followed the long trail, though I'm not sure I agree with their 3 1/2 hours time allowed, as we did it in two and I wouldn't have said we were walking that fast. Luckily I had downloaded a pdf with the map, because there was no phone coverage, and as we had only been walking just over an hour at that stage, it was hard to believe that we had reached the end of the trail even though the arrows clearly indicated that we had.  As we got higher up, there was a lot more dew still remaining even at midday, and our feet got quite wet. After returning to the carpark we retrieved our picnic and refreshed ourselves beside the river. It was mostly deciduous woodland, skirted by some coniferous planting. 

As usual the photos aren't in order -the ones that show first are actually the last ones I took. 















1 comment:

Wavejumper said...

Is that C relaxing? I dont think I have seen him before. Looks so peaceful. Wow on the arch. Beautiful. I am esp liking the one of the dew on what I am going to guess is spider webbing? It reminds of a candy sugar cage.

Hugs Margot