Thursday 31 March 2022

March Favourites...

 March felt like a long month, and although the longer evenings are certainly an uplift, I only have a couple of cards that I really like enough to post here...My favourite is definitely the Tyvek one with the feathers, but the next one was a fun one to make. The theme was tickets, and I keep turning up train tickets from our second-last visit to Monet's garden in Giverny, so I decided to use one of those. Which turned into using both of them as I didn't consider that they were on thermal paper and would react when I tried some heat embossing. Just as well I had two...





Oswald has flown in to his new roost, so I can share him. Luckily I got the back of the cushion cover finished the day before I sprained my thumb - I haven't done any knitting since then, but hope to get back to it next week. With the weather suddenly turning cold again the latter half of this week, I've been glad of my toasty socks - it's an alpaca mix wool, and with the Aran stitch patterns, they are very cosy. 






2 comments:

Lorraine said...

These cards are really special. You get such good results with those challenges and techniques. You make me want to try more myself. Oswald has nested well and will be loved. Good to know that you'll also be keeping toasty with those beautiful socks!

Wavejumper said...

It is always hard to pick favs of the month but I definitely like these three. You knit Oswald? Wow! I am very impressed. The socks look lovely. A friend has knit me a couple of pairs now-but low cuff ones with my swollen feet and ankles....so delicious. That wool sounds so cozy. Beautiful stitch.
hugs Margot