Wednesday 6 April 2022

A Miscellany

 I think I might have mentioned last year that a new sculpture was erected near the entrance to the park. I have been meaning ever since to take a photo of it - but in the morning I'm just focussed on getting to work, and on the way home I'm on the wrong side of the road. And when I go for a leisure cycle in the park, I go a different route. But I finally made the effort to stop the other morning, while the daffodils were still in bloom. It was a grey overcast morning - the previous week would have been more spectacular with dense fog and the sun breaking through.



Today was an intermittent bright and showery day. When we were sitting down after dinner and C was wondering if he'd get a break in the weather for a walk, we saw a beautiful rainbow. It got brighter and brighter - sadly was already dimming by the time I got to the front door with my camera. It's hard to get a good photo because of houses all around, so I settled for zooming in.


Since I have been proofing my boules in a glass bowl lined with a floured cloth ever since Christmas, I finally splashed out on a couple of banneton proofing baskets. I didn't attempt yet to make my bread directly in it, but used the lining cloth. Better than chocolate, C said. I also attempted some ciabatta for the first time, which turned out pretty well.




And I'll finish off with three photos from Farmleigh. Sunday was a sunny day if still on the cold side, and I persuaded C onto his bicycle and out to Farmleigh while the bread was rising. 
I forgot to change my header the other day ; that has been updated so we now have a photo of magnolias in Farmleigh from last April.





And now it's time to see if File History is working in Windows 11, so far I have had three failed backups and I don't like being without one. I might have to resort to third-party software.






2 comments:

Lorraine said...

How pretty to photograph the sculptures with the daffodils. Rainbows are so fleeting like sunsets sometimes. Glad you got to get some snaps in. Your bread looks delicious with all those nooks and crannies. Oh, and the header is lovely. I miss the one we had in my childhood yard. I just saw pictures of a yellow magnolia on someone's FB page that was absolutely stunning. Hope your backup works. I'm still feeling my way around Windows 11.

Wavejumper said...

Pretty pics as always-you have a great eye. :)

Yay for the rainbow-they are so fun to see. The bread looks fab. That is a great pic of the deer! That could be a postcard for the park! Really!

You make me drool with pics of the breads you make.

What a perfect tulip shot. So crisp and clean. Terrific.

hugs Margot