Saturday 1 May 2021

April Favourites

 In spite of the long weekend for Easter, and the brighter evenings (big boost!), April was not a very good month on the card-making front. Just a few to share. And I'll add a couple of photos from the morning last week when I cycled to the "park within a park", the Peoples' Gardens at the entrance to Phoenix Park. I left the house early that morning, and Farmleigh wasn't yet open. Also I had seen someone post a photo of a mandarin duck in the park, and since I'm sure it isn't resident on the lakes I normally pass, I wanted to take a look at the one down there. No mandarin duck in sight...


Celebrating Earth Day with recycling - two calendars, old jeans, tomato paste tube, packaging and an old book. I suspect I bought the buttons specifically for cards.



Thank you, Lorraine. I need to practice two-step stamping in conjunction with die-cutting, but this was fun to make for a mixed-media wreath challenge. 







There were bluebells planted all along the side of a path down the hill from the road at the top to the lake at the bottom, but not something that the perspective allowed a good photo of. There was also a lovely big patch under a a couple of trees. 














2 comments:

Lorraine said...

You may have had a lean card month but these are wonderfully done. I love how you used all those recycled bits for the first one especially. And I love the wreath - great job! I've been running outside after every rain shower to try to catch a rainbow without any luck so far - have to keep trying. Swooning over the swan. Too back the duck couldn't be found. And lastly, I had to talk DH out of collecting more bluebells by the river down the road as we definitely have enough in the yard right now though I do love the masses of blue like in your photo.

Clare said...

I have been away for so long . . . I have missed your photos and cards!
These are wonderful.