Saturday 17 April 2021

Farmleigh Again

 I took a quick trip to Farmleigh one morning a couple of weeks ago, hoping to inspire C to take a trip to see the magnolias the following weekend. He settled for just looking at my photos. This weekend we were finally able to travel further, so we went to the Botanic Gardens - but alas, I forgot to check that there was a memory card in my camera. So he did get to see some magnolias in real life.

Here are a few photos from the Farmleigh trip. I'm also keeping an eye out for ducklings everywhere I go, because I can see that this time last year we were seeing them on the canal. No sign of them there, no sign in Farmleigh, no sign in the Botanics.

There is what may be a tufted duck's nest in the lake. I don't know, it looks more like what moorhens make to me, but whatever it is I'm sure it's bird-made and not man-made.











I did take a few photos in the Botanic Gardens with my phone - I shall have to see what they look like on a larger screen and whether they are worth sharing. In any case, even without photos it was well worth the trip - sunshine, blue skies and birdsong. 


2 comments:

Lorraine said...

So glad you are able to travel a little further now. Too bad about the camera. You know I've been there.

Wavejumper said...

Lovely pictures!
I dont know what a duck nest looks like it occurs to me. I will have to go google that!

hugs Margot