Saturday 1 February 2020

January Favourites

A slow month, it felt like, but I was able to pick a few favourite cards. I really enjoyed making the kitchen bench card for my sister, to accompany her birthday gift of a recipe book. I included a note about tucking the flap through the slot - not taking anything for granted since C missed out on carefully letter flaps and slots A & B the year he took his unopened birthday card to Portugal. She laughed and said that when she saw the gingerbread men hanging on the wall, she knew that they must end up on a counter...
The little rat might be my favourite of them all. The stamp is from Katzelkraft and I love the different expressions they all have - but it's hard to know who to give a card with a rat on it to! So I asked C to give me the stamps for my birthday - that way, they don't need to earn their keep, I can just enjoy them.










In my November favourites I shared a card inspired by the window display in a florist near work. Here are two of their more recent windows. The P& T on the letter box is the old Irish script, coming from The Department of Posts & Telegraphs - the original government communications department, prior to becoming "An Post" in 1984, at which stage the "telegraph" part became Telecom Eireann. 

This gown, unlike the pine bough one, doesn't inspire me to make a card, but the combination of the soft feathery wings and very crisp metallic tissue-like fabrics was nice.




The blog header this month is a photograph of reflections in the Liffey, taken on the way to work one morning last February.


2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love that you change your header monthly - like a real calendar page. Your card backgrounds always have me in awe. And that little rat is cute and perfect, actually for this Chinese Year of the Rat. Love seeing the window dressing too - you find interest and beauty everywhere.

Wavejumper said...

I am in LOVE with that kitchen! The details-that quilted oven mitt is just too much!!! :D
Bubbly duck with the embossed acetate...great way to add more bubbles!
That rat..good point! It is the Year of the Rat (with so many animals to pick from-why? lol) Katzelkraft critters always have these great expressions on them!
That window is worth watching! One good display after the next. Lucky them. Doing windows is not so easy.
Great pic in the header-love water reflections!
Your slow months would be a great one for me!
hugs Margot