Wednesday 22 January 2020

Around Town

I walked into town after work last Friday to leave my flute in a for a service - and since the shop is closed for lunch, it was a slow walk. Luckily it was a lovely day, and I got to see the more cultural end of Temple Bar, which isn't normally somewhere I pass through...

The first one isn't actually part of that walk at all, it's the Christmas window display in the local bakery near work.


Then we have some utility box art celebrating Handel's Messiah, just outside Christchurch. Love the hat the fiddle player is wearing!






The back entrance to Dollard & Co , this is the staircase...



Window boxes in the Clarence Hotel



I've often walked past Christchurch and have never gone into the grounds to see what this is - it's a memorial to the Armenian Genocide.


And this last one, I couldn't find any information about. It's beside the back entrance to the Smock Alley Theatre, and is obviously an interpretation of the stars and constellations, but I'm not sure what the boat represents.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I think you are so lucky to live within walking distance of a town with so many interesting sights. And I love that you take the time to notice them and share them. I wonder how many times others have passed by some of those details without actually enjoying them.