Friday 23 March 2012

Spring is Springing

I had some rather disheartening news in the post yesterday, so in the afternoon I went for a walk along the canal and had a wonderful time listening to all the birds singing their hearts out, and seeing the signs of Spring. And this morning I had time to go for a good walk in the park after doing the shopping.

I've been noticing the chestnuts greening up nicely as I walk to the local shops, but this is the finest I've seen yet.



Front of Farmleigh, with cherry trees.





Snowflakes

Good grief - a tree peony on its way already!!


Love the acid green with the tulip

As soon as I stepped through the gate into the walled garden I could smell the viburnums. It's a shame there's not yet a way of sharing scent - at least video allows for sound.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Ahh, there are signs of spring everywhere. It does help to get out and enjoy it. Just pulling up my driveway after work and seeing the flowers popping all over helps to relieve my mind. It's like Mother Nature's therapy. The pictures are beautiful. I can only imagine the scent was heavenly.