Sunday 31 July 2022

July Favourites

 Not too many.  Busy, hot (apparently we had a national record in the Phoenix Park on Monday 19th. It was 33°C, about 92°F). But I have a few cards I really liked.

The hummingbird was from a book of kirigami designs I bought in France. I didn't really have suitable paper, so I used watercolour paper and coloured it with Twinkling H2Os. It was slightly harder to contour, being thicker than ideal, but turned out well. I had planned to make it for C's birthday card, but by the time I added the flower it was too large for a card - I stuck it in a frame instead. With more time I'd have done a better job on the floor, but by then I was rushing to get it finished. The "thanks" card is a lot of offcuts from various backgrounds - gel prints, foiling and whatever else was in my box of saved strips; it's much prettier in real life. 










This month's blog header is a photo from the Botanic Gardens taken last August. 



2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Each one of these is a WOW in my book. I love the bee card - so much dimension. And the hummingbird is lovely. The penguin is so sweet against that rainbow-hued background and the owl card is just a plethora of enjoyment. Well done friend!!!

Lorraine said...

Oh dear, I thought I left a comment here on these beauties. I am always so gobsmacked when I see the wonderful work that you do and the way you stretch yourself and your supplies to make these works of art.