Friday 1 July 2022

June Favourites

 ...are extremely thin on the ground, due to holidays.

The wreath card was made slightly earlier - once again I forgot that I already had an anniversary card ready for C, and made this as it was our coral anniversary. We didn't really mark it about from eating out, as we were on the boat and driving down to the Loire. And he forgot his card for me, along with the tablet which he had left charging and unplugged just before we left the house. 

I was keen to try brushstroke foiling, using the Deco Art gel painted onto die-cut letters with a foam brush and loved how it looked.

The "three things" was to mark 900 Ways To Use It challenges. The theme was arrows, and I used a verse which my primary school teacher wrote in my autograph book when I was about 9 or 10. Thanks to our new printers I am no longer limited to regular printer paper, and was able to print even after smooshing and stencilling the background panel.




Edited post to add angled shot of the foiling. I had mis-filed it, it was still in June 22 instead of Cards.





The blog header for this month is one of my photos from our trip to Waterford last July - an oystercatcher on the beach. 

2 comments:

Wavejumper said...

I like them all but I guess I am going to go with the Hope card bc I was the lucky recipient and I am looking at it right now on my desk. :D

I am going to have to try that gel foil technique!

Hugs Margot

Lorraine said...

You certainly do make the most of your time and always inspire me with the things and techniques that you try. Those letters are awesome. And I love those little parrots. Once again, they're all wonderful.