Wednesday 1 December 2021

November favourites

...are very thin on the ground, but as we have reached December I'll include a couple of Christmas cards I was particularly happy with.






The blog header is some borage flowers on a frosty morning last December. I was interested to find it in my December folder, as it's in full bloom at the moment. And yet it feels very late to me - I'm sure we saw it in borders in the gardens in Fota when we were there in July. Maybe mine is late because I sowed it too late and it was so dry. Surely a flower used as the traditional garnish for Pimms should be a summer flower. I planted it for the bees, but by the time it finally flowerd there weren't many around. 

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

The dark background for your wreath makes such a pleasing contrast. Love the snails and those owls are so sweet. Your frosty header is beautiful - there's something kind of magical about frost, kind of like Nature's glitter.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog