Saturday 25 December 2021

Christmas wishes

I was given a kit with felt animal ornaments last year, and have slowly been making them. This polar bear was my first attempt. There was a deer and a penguin which have both found homes elsewhere, and a less successful fox who looks as if he is wearing black wellington boots, a bit odd.

The snowman was also a kit for needlefelting on a form. The instructions required a lot of hot-glue gun work, which I did without altogether, managing to felt the nose onto the head and the head onto the body, and using black roving instead of sticking buttons on. I also wasn't very taken with the enormously thick brown felt supplied for the hat and scarf, and thought I would rather knit the little bobble hat from Arne and Carlos's Field Guide to Knitted Birds - having knit one for Lorraine I had an idea the size was probably about right. But those tiny pompoms aren't easy.






 

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Happy Christmas! I love your snowman - the hat and scarf are perfect! And the little polar bear is adorable as is his penguin friend!

Wavejumper said...

The snowman is cute but that scarf and hat really make him! As always I am impressed with how you have the skills and knowledge to change up things to be the way you like them to be!

Pretty card too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Margot