Friday 31 December 2021

December Favourites

 Happy New Year. Not something we tend to celebrate despite Scottish ancestry only two generations back, and I expect to be in bed and asleep before the clock strikes 12. 


I have a few favourite cards from December. The first was for my brother's anniversary.  The third was primarily to use up the selfie frame which I had backed with embossed vellum and it just didn't work for whatever I expected it to at the time. 

The busker with his dog was cut from gorgeous black velvet, and in looking for a simple background, I thought that particular gel print looked a little longer a swirling  pavement.

Despite my best efforts and intentions, I will have no photos from December to use as a blog header when December 2022 rolls around. I've been keeping an eye out, but it's been a pretty grey and dull month, mostly.  And I forgot to update my header for Jan 22 before turning the PC off, so my second job tomorrow will be to see what photos I might have from January 2021 to use as a header. First job is to move my two-day Italian bread recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi onto the day two processes early enough to have it baked by lunchtime.  Right now the biga is rising. 









2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Happy New Year! Another wonderful selection of cards. I love the black and white anniversary card, and that oyster catcher is the cutest. The octopus with the bubbles and the background is so clever. You always provide me with such great ispiration.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog. Happy new year ��