Wednesday 31 March 2021

Milestones

 It's taken me a LONG time to get to 1000 blog posts, but this is it.

I've been cycling to work for a full year now. A few falls in the ice and snow, one broken rear derailleur and bent hanger, one chain off, possibly fitter than I was. It's been better than I expected, if also much longer than I expected.

Since this is a milestone post I'm going to combine my March favourite cards (not very many) and our walk along the canal last night. Another milestone - I think C went for 3 walks yesterday, though his first one was more a saunter to stretch his back. His lunchtime one was a full one, but it was a lovely sunny afternoon and he was happy to come out again.

The utility box depicts the canal lock. There are often fishermen, I think we saw a record number yesterday. The swans were resting on the bank, not bothered at all by all the pedestrians passing so close. A houseboat still decked out for St. Patrick's Day...




















2 comments:

Wavejumper said...

Swans are so graceful but they scare me a little-like geese, they can be very aggressive.

I wonder what that flower is...I like it.

It is lovely you have that opportunity for pretty walking along with the gated space.

Nice cards as usual...
The music one is very perfect for a musician.
I have not seen the anteaters before. So true about some friends.
I like the panda fancy fold and the black/red combo

hugs Margot

Lorraine said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post!!! Isn't it great to get out in such fine weather again. You always find such wonderful treats for the eye. And your cards are just that - all beautiful and treats for the eye for sure. Sorry for your bike issues - hope that soon that will be a thing of the past.