Wednesday 17 March 2021

Happy St. Patrick's Day

 No particularly appropriate photos this year, due to the 5km travel restriction and the fact that when I am out, I am usually on my bicycle, no camera.

But a Spring flower card (the daffodils are out in full force here, sometimes so massed together that if it's sunny and warm you can smell them from a distance, and some good Irish green. The greengrocer did give me two pots of shamrock when I went down before work yesterday, but I didn't get as far as taking a photo of them. I think I'll probably plant them in the garden. Until he gave them to me, I was going to green up my current crop of alfalfa sprouts for my "green". We will see what today's weather brings. Yesterday started grey and damp, but by the time I was working from home, it was so warm and sunny that I had to get the spotting scope out to reassure myself that a sparrow on the wall was sunbathing and not dead. The scilla photo was taken when I walked over to get a part for my bicycle in the afternoon, still beautifully sunny. 











2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Love the card with all those beautiful textures and colors. It's a very slow start to spring here. I love seeing your snowdrops and scilla. Only a few crocuses here and still some snow in the forecast. Enjoy the day!!!

Wavejumper said...

Happy St Patrick's day!
I really like how you created the look of a frame by popping on those corners. I never would have thought of that.

Pretty card and the bit of sheer ribbon is lovely.

We have Solomon Seal in the garden here...just have to keep it corralled-it likes to spread!

Hugs Margot