Friday 5 February 2021

With sympathy

 I was very late sending a sympathy card to my sister-in-law. She's family, so I thought you don't normally send to family, but she's an in-law, so she's not blood family, and I really wanted to, so I thought better late then never. And then I had mislaid the card that I had pulled out to send, it got buried under a pile. So I found a card that wasn't a sympathy card but which I thought was suitable...I expect I shared it last year because I'm sure I liked it then...



By return, she requested a dozen sympathy cards for her own use - so I made six each of three designs and added six to my own stash. I hope these last her a good while - I sent her nine cards last January.




I think it goes without saying that the simplest set took longest, and went through more rejects and false starts. Even fussy-cutting all the flowers plus an extra blossom for each card went faster. 



2 comments:

Lorraine said...

How beautiful the forsythia's are against that gorgeous background. Good idea to add to your stash whilst making that collection. I'm going to case you.

Wavejumper said...

sadly sympathy cards are always in demand.

These are very pretty. Simple can be hardest because the elements really show. I love sandpipers. We used to watch them at beaches.

Hugs Margot