Sunday 31 January 2021

January Favourites

 I had a very busy first week in January - things calmed down a little after that and, despite the cold and grey, I have enjoyed some creative time. I'm also slowly chipping away at a traditional Aran sweater for C. Just as well he's in no hurry for it. 





Another of my Tyvek creations



Revistiting the Faux Cloisonne technique.  That seahorse is a green iceberg! Apparently about 10% of icebergs are green. It used to be thought that it was high levels of dissolved organic matter, but more recent research suggest that they might have a high iron content.




I also had fun making a never-ending card. It's been years and years since I made one  - although until recently I had a partially completed one on my desk. I think the recipients enjoyed it too, because their aunt forwarded me a video of them turning it from one page to the next. It was fun rummaging through my sentiments to find ones which would work with each of the Snoopy images.







2 comments:

Wavejumper said...

You have been busy! :D

The never ending card worked out fine!

I like the circle with the panels on it. It looks like that origami crane is embossed in?

Lot of ocean theme this month...dreaming about beaches?

I have to get ready for a huge snowstorm tomorrow so beaches seem far away right now...
hugs Margot

Lorraine said...

I like making interactive cards for kids. They seem to get so much enjoyment out of them and that sure is a sweet one. The seahorses are beautiful and I really love that crane in the circle.