Friday 25 December 2020

Christmas Wishes

 No Bûche de Noël this Christmas Eve - my sister decided that it would be more prudent if only one of us spent the evening with my aunt. I missed the chocolate aroma filling the house - especially as, having forgotten to buy raspberries to serve with chocolate fondant puddings on Christmas Day, I did a re-think and we will be having little individual Baked Alaskas. 

Peaceful wishes seems to be what I have mostly put on cards this year - it's going to be a different Christmas for everybody, that's for sure. Ours is normally quiet - but there's a difference between chosen quiet and enforced. May yours be peaceful and safe.

The robin reminds me that I will have to find a new source for bird seed, as up till now I have been getting it delivered from the UK to an address in the North. I've used an Irish company  a couple of times before and will use them again in the short term, but once C returns to work in the office and is no longer at home to take deliveries, it won't be as practical. At least I got one last order in before the UK leaves the European Union, so that should see me and the birds through the worst of the winter.




2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Happy Christmas Sabrina. Enjoy the peace of the season. Better days are ahead.

Wavejumper said...

There is always bread crumbs if it comes to it for the birds...so typical of you to be thinking of others even in difficult times. :)

You are so right. Peace is a good wish for this year. Winter themes lend themselves to that nicely...

Pretty tag and nice in depth card-I dont know what to call it.

hugs Margot