Saturday 3 October 2020

Utility Boxes

 A couple more utility boxes - one from Cork, when we were down a few weekends ago before we were, once again, limited to travel within Dublin. No expedition to the Galway/Clare border to look for sloes this year: when the park where we have gathered them before proved fruitless, I bought some raspberries and we will try raspberry gin instead. This utility box is one of a series, but by the time I passed some more, I was fully laden and less inclined to stop.

The other one is on the main road outside the Botanic Gardens, and I've always wanted to take a picture of it. Last weekend C went back to the car, and I went out the front gate and walked back along the road.



And just a couple more photos from the Botanic Gardens, since I'm revisiting it...









3 comments:

Wavejumper said...

Your boxes are far more interesting than ours!

I didn't realize you guys were under restriction again. Darn it!

I have faith that you will find a way for something delicious ;)

What are the flowers in the last picture?

hugs Margot

Sabrina said...

The bottom flowers are called astrantia. C didn't recognise them in the photo because we have white ones, and because he thought they looked like much larger flowers in the photo. They're not more than an inch across - and my sister didn't tell me how much they spread...and spread...and spread.

Lorraine said...

I love that your utility boxes are hand done. Ours seem to be wrapped with the designs. It's still on my bucket list to photograph them. Always love your florals!