Monday 28 September 2020

Botanic Sunshine

 We woke in good time on Saturday morning and enjoyed a breakfast of cinnamon buns. I need to translate and write out the recipe because I have lost my original translated version; though it's tagged as "American", it's from a long-ago French magazine, let's hazard a guess at 40 years or so. I still have the original file card from the magazine. Plenty of maple syrup along with the butter, sugar and cinnamon. We'll be finishing them off for breakfast or morning coffee tomorrow. 


And since it was a beautiful clear blue sky with sunshine, and we were still early enough to get to the Botanic Gardens before the car park was full, we made the effort and were glad we did. The greenhouses are still all closed, but there was plenty to see and enjoy. 


Loved seeing all the little treasures some boy had found it worthwhile collection in the back of his bicycle.








One particularly fearless squirrel scrambled up C's legs in the hope of finding some food, but unfortunately he considers them to be rodents and shook it off before I could take a photo. 

3 comments:

Wavejumper said...

I want that recipe!
Thank you for the lovely fall pics :)
The squirrels around my building are so spoiled from people feeding them they will come up to you but none have actually run up anyone's leg. I am sure I would have heard them screaming from here lol
Good capture of the water droplets!
hugs Margot

Clare said...

My mouth is watering now . . . beautiful photos.

Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh, up his leg. Yikes! Glad you got out to see all that natural beauty.