Tuesday 28 April 2020

Using those pours...

Back in March I shared photos of the acrylic pours I made over the St. Patrick's Day extended holiday weekend. Ever since, I've been pondering how to turn them into something.

In a way, the small canvas was easy - it didn't need much. The other two were harder. Between Lorraine's comment that one reminded her of Monet, and the fact that C had to shop my stash for a birthday card for me and gave me one with a  mouse and waterlily image on, that helped inspire the first one. And I love it so much that maybe I'll keep it for another few years and it can be a birthday card down the road.




All along they had made me think of water, and I'd tried a couple of ideas like the dolphin edger die, but nothing was coming together. Then I was cutting up some wrapping paper that came with a gift from my sister, to make a different card altogether. And I thought that some of the softer, more frondy pieces would make good seaweed, so I cut some of them out too, and added an octopus into the scene and that gave me a second card.




It still leaves another mini canvas and 6" square for another day; probably another 5-week gestation at least, give the difficulties I had using these. The octopus is a bit deeper orange, but he has clear embossing powder to it was hard to photograph.


4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh, my, wow! You really found great ways to use all of these so beautifully. And that wrapping paper is gorgeous - no wonder you saved it to use. I think I have some of those smaller canvasses I might need to try. We were able to fetch my pouring supplies but I haven't touched them here yet. What a lovely inspiration today!

Wavejumper said...

wow....really great bunch of cards!
I am so impressed with your fussy cutting on that gift wrap too!
So that mouse one is what C gave you? Pretty.

Clare said...

Wow! These are beautiful!

Sabrina said...

Actually, he gave me a card from 2016...but with that stamp.