Saturday 21 March 2020

A Miscellany

Inspired by Lorraine, I finally tried a paint pour.  I'd had the shot glasses on my desk since before Christmas, but never made the time to go any further. When I unexpectedly had Monday off work, it seemed like a good time to try - although I hadn't registered her inclusion of popsicle sticks in the list of helpful items. I took a quick outing on Sunday morning to buy some.  I'd bought some Deco Art pouring medium on the Saturday earlier in March when I visited my sister.

Since I did this downstairs, I just picked three colours of paint plus white to bring down,  and restricted myself to those. The first attempt was on a small (ACT size, pretty much) canvas - the one on the left-  and the paint was definitely too thick, So I thinned it down and tried again, using another canvas and some Grafix white craft plastic, since a magazine article I had read called for using Yupo. These pieces (6" square) took about twice as long to dry as the canvases. Now I need to figure out how to use them...





 On Thursday when I left for work I took my camera, and as the buses are positively flying in town these days, barely stopping at all, I had time to walk down the river to Heuston railway station where I snapped this cormorant in full breeding plumage, sitting on the wall opposite the station.


The following morning I didn't bring my camera as I knew I would be doing some shopping on the way home. It was so still, so I snapped this reflection in the river as I walked down. I saw a cormorant flying along - from the white markings, it could well have been the male in the above photograph. And I stopped to enjoy the froth of cherry blossom running along the tram platform and thought that even with all that is going on right now, it was good to be alive.





3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow! You got great results. I especially love that last one. It somehow reminds me of a Monet painting. I'm sure you'll figure out how to use them. Great close-up of the cormorant. And I do love your reflection photos - what a beauty that tree must be in full bloom. Stay well.

Clare said...

I love that photo of the cormorant. You are right Lorraine . . . it does look like a Monet painting.

Susie Williams said...

Oh my goodness, Sabrina that last one looks just like a Monet painting! You are so talented (or else you are in big trouble for stealing a Monet original).