Friday 1 February 2019

January Favourites

Well, I lost an entire week at the end of January, but I still had some good creative time earlier in the month, and time to think about a couple of cards while I was totally confined to bed for the first few days of the 'flu, so they were quick to execute once I was able to make it back upstairs for short periods of time.
The first card called for us to use old supplies in a new way - so I pulled out some Fantasy Film, which is something I used to use enough of that I've actually replaced a couple of colours over the years. But usually I use it for wings - dragonflies, butterflies. This time I stuck it to some card and then blasted it with heat till it started to crinkle a bit and developed a few holes. I had to take two photos to show the shimmer when it catches it the light. The little glass seahorse came back from Portugal on one of C's visits there with his best friend.










No suitable photos from last February for a header, I had to go back a couple of years to find these crocuses. It's going to be hard to find anything for January and February next year at this rate; since I currently have a frozen shoulder I've been trying to reduce the weight I carry in my bag, so don't tuck the camera in unless the weather is exceptionally promising. 


1 comment:

Lorraine said...

So sorry you've been under the weather and dealing with a sore shoulder too. Hopefully February will be better. It really looks like your creativity was affected by it. Love them all!