Tuesday 1 May 2018

April Favourites

Thanks to a trip to the Botanic Gardens last May, I had plenty of choice for a header photo this month. It was a toss-up between a peony, a squirrel, a robin or a heron - and the heron won the day.

We were in Paris last week so I hope to have a few photos to share shortly, but in the mean time here are my favourite cards from April.

A fun light-up card for my younger nephew's birthday. The older one gets a lighthouse - they both have May birthdays and I think I'll send one package with both cards.






I decided to use the Gerda Steiner gnomes, the April stamp from her progressive challenge, to be prepared ahead of time with an anniversary card for my sister.



This last one is a card I made as a sample for the Black Ice technique - which is very hard to photograph (as was my background, Galeria glass bead gel medium with Brushos), so it needs two pictures to give something of an idea of what it looks like according to the light and angle you hold it at.





1 comment:

Lorraine said...

The light up card is pretty cool. My office partner sent her grandkids their Valentine cards separately (they're twins) and the boy never got his - he's still not talking to her, so I think it's a good idea to send things together to the same address. I love that owl and those birds are cool. The gnomes are so full of whimsy. Looks like you've mastered yet another technique!