Sunday 20 November 2011

L'Houmeau

Nearly finished our French holiday!
Our last campsite was Le Petit Port de l'Houmeau. There is a big municipal campsite in La Rochelle itself, but this one was very near and on a regular bus route into the city, so we decided to go for it. Not as nice a site as LaRoche Posay, but very pleasant and helpful staff and a lovely location. In our short time we fitted in a couple of walks along the seafront, a swim (me only), and crepes at sunset in one of the few cafés that was still open at the end of the season.





We never did make it out to the Ile de Ré - but looking at the bridge out to the island I am fairly sure I would not have enjoyed the journey, either by car or on a bicycle. Personally I was content to admire it from a distance.









1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I'm fairly certain I would not have enjoyed that bridge either and I'm usually the one who winds up driving the bridges as my dh is severely bridge-challenged with panic attacks (but you didn't hear that from me). It is a beautiful site though. And the sailboat picture is perfectly composed and so serene. You've got the rule of 3 in both directions and your focal point perfectly placed. Gorgeous sunset too.