Tuesday 31 October 2023

October Favourites

 Hard to believe another month is over - but I can hear all the Halloween fireworks going off as I type, and we've had a handful of trick-or-treaters call to the door.

A few cards and a couple of crafty projects...

The Chinese Lanterns card will go to my aunt-in-law. My aunt who died in the summer always brought Mary Chinese Lanterns, because they won't grow for Mary. This I find almost impossible to believe, because I have always found them incredibly invasive. Anyway, I brought Mary a bunch in September and thought I'd make a coordinating Christmas card.








The hat was knit with leftovers from the sweater I shared last month, for C to bring as a present for his friend in Maine.  I added an extra colour in for the zigzag which did leave me with four colours in each row on occasion, but it was mostly straightforward. 



I was tidying fabric scraps so as to give away what I wouldn't use. I made place mats for my sister and myself from the cat fabric a couple of Christmases ago, and used what was left to make a tote-bag for a cat-loving friend.


The only photos I have from last November appear to be from Wild Lights at the zoo, so that's my header, This year's theme isn't one that appeals to me, so I think we will be giving it a miss. Last year's was biodiversity, and I would have gone twice if I'd been able to get more tickets.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards once again and I love the cap and bag. I think it's great to use up those scraps in such a clever way. We had a very quiet Halloween. No trick-or-treaters here on our street, but I've enjoyed seeing pictures of our grandson's and friends kids from work.