Tuesday 31 May 2022

May favourites

 Not a productive month on the card front (and I didn't realise till well into the month that my watermark still said 2021 even though I had switched out the Snoopy graphic). 


I think the boat and gull one is probably my favourite. It reminds me of, and was probably inspired by an Ellen Horan tile my sister gave me.




The first one was geometry inspired.

The teasel is the technique where you build up two or three layers of clear embossing powder, then stamp on it with Versamark and emboss the image with another colour, so it sinks into the clear layers. I'm frugal with my clear EP, but had fun with this. The next two were for a mason jar theme - the penguin jar is actually 3D and will hold a small gift. I have at least two stamps, but pulled out some Bigz dies for both projects. 


The last one was for Mother's Day (in the US). Thank you, Lorraine, for the kingfisher. We did actually have a lovely little kingfisher jug when I was growing up, but I don't remember seeing it when we cleared the house out, so maybe it broke along the way. The real mother-based inspirations were using a page from the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary which her father gave her for Christmas when she was 23 (frequently referred to as we were growing up. I kept one volume when we cleared the house), a French theme in the background and some music. 









I considered three different photos for a header this month - also-rans were a view of Lough Tay from our drive up in the Wicklow Mountains last June, and a sparrow feeding a young one, but the heron came out the winner.


2 comments:

Wavejumper said...

UGH-I lost my post.

The bird head pic is fabulous-great detail!

You really captured the tile in your card well.

I never heard of teasel before so I learned something for techniques-as always!

I think my fav of the bunch though is the flower vase. I love how transparent it is like real glass would be.

hugs Margot

Lorraine said...

What a great close up with the header. Those birds on the wire are a favorite of mine. These are all wonderful - the nautical one does resemble the tile so well. I usually do a one for you one for me when I pick out stamps to send and I didn't for this one for some reason. My mistake - I love it.