Sunday 22 May 2022

Farmleigh

 I paid a visit to Farmleigh on Thursday morning, which turned out to be a good choice as Friday and Saturday were both very showery. As I was stowing the saddlebags in my backpack and switching sunglasses for regular, I had a curious visitor who first perched on the pedal and then flew up to the handlebar of my bicycle.












I don't recall ever noticing so many wisteria before - a whole row of them growing up frames  - and yet I must have been there around this time of year. With peonies also out and some oriental poppies, it slightly made me regret that I hadn't had the energy to go as far as the Botanic Gardens.


I did cycle the longer (and flatter - usually I go for the shorter and more hilly = exercise) route so that I could take a picture of the deer sculpture now that the alliums are starting to come out.  I did grab one at the tulip stage, but missed the stage after that when there is some tall stem with either blue or white flowers, and which I haven't yet taken the time to identify. 



 



2 comments:

Wavejumper said...

It is cool that the deer have different flowers that come up around them over the year.

Aw...cute little ambassador that came to greet you on your bike :)

Lovely set of pics. thanks! Hugs Margot

Lorraine said...

I meant to come back and comment on this post. I love the nature pictures you post so much. That little robin was so inquisitive - so glad you were able to capture him being that way. I think it's really nice that you get to see the scenery change around the deer sculptures. That natural setting gives it great variety and something to look forward to.