Sunday 31 October 2021

October Favourites

 October felt like a very busy month, and I didn't feel I got a lot made. I did have a couple of Christmas cards I really liked, but have only included one here.


It took me a lot of experimentation to find photo paper which worked well with smooshed DOX backgrounds, but in the end I got lucky in Dealz (like a dollar store)



The card above was for a "spooky" challenge. I don't really do the spooky side of Halloween, but took my inspiration from these lilies I had seen in the Botanic Gardens, which instantly made me think "ghost flowers".

A long-ago leftover background and some leftover tinted paste gave me this

Sentiment to be added when I send it. The textured background had been in my box for quite some time - hot glue on card, with stamped and coloured tissue paper over it


This one I was very happy with - the challenge was to use a stamp or die in a manner other than that for which it was originally intended, and after a LOT of looking through my stamps, I thought I could turn this umbrella into a passable butterfly. 





2 comments:

Lorraine said...

You always have such great backgrounds. I love that little scarecrow. And I think the ghost lilies are beautiful. Kudos for coming up with that butterfly from the umbrella - it's perfect!!!

Wavejumper said...

That was clever with the umbrella. I have never seen lillies like that before-I can see why you would call them "ghost". I think the sunflowers might be my fav of the bunch.

hugs Margot