Wednesday 22 September 2021

Hot off the needles

 I didn't get nearly as much knitting done as I expected while we were away - in fact, almost none. I started the sock for which I had knit so many tension samples - and got the first one finished yesterday. I'm glad to say it's a good fit, so I'll get the other one cast on tomorrow. It's an alpaca/polyamide/wool mix from DROPS (the pattern is one of theirs too) so they should both be cosy and wear well. The Latvian braid was new to me, and has a little stretch in it, good in a sock.



And then there is the scarf which I couldn't share in my last "hot off the needles" post. I really liked how this turned out, and might knit one for my sister for Christmas. I was probably a bit over-enthusiastic with the tassels at the ends, they are very bunched. There were some great owl designs when I went looking, but I liked this scarf a lot and purchased the pattern rather than using any of the freebies. 





3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Those socks do look cosy. I love the owl scarf too. You are truly gifted with the needles too.

Wavejumper said...

The pattern in those socks looks difficult. Patterns on a flat (like a sweater side) are hard enough but to do it in "the round" seems extra hard. And it came out so well!

That owl scarf is really stinking cute! :D

hugs Margot

Clare said...

These are wonderful! That scarf is great!