Sunday 1 November 2020

October Favourites

 I must have felt I accomplished more than I actually did, which I suppose is a good thing. I didn't find as many cards as I expected.

I also realise that November must be a very bad month for photos - I know that two years ago I was still struggling with my sore shoulder, but I don't appear to have any photos from last year either. My header this month is a 2017 picture of a crow in the Phoenix Park. I'm also enclosing a carpet of leaves. We've had a lot of wet and windy weather, so most of the leaves are down. This happened to be a crisp dry morning when I was walking down to the local shops, so the leaves didn't look all wet and soggy.




I was reading one of Gerald Durrell's books, about a collecting expedition in Guiana. One of the animals he talked about was a species of crab-eating raccoon. I did in fact also make a card with this little raccoon carrying a crab - but it probably wouldn't make sense to anybody except me. 




This one is meant to depict me cycling to work through the park throughout the changing seasons. I must admit that at the end of March I didn't expect to be still doing it now.









2 comments:

Lorraine said...

All those sweet little characters in your cards this month sure are cute. I can picture a crab-eating raccoon. Glad you made one for yourself. All those beautiful yellow leaves make me happy. We have one maple on the property line that usually turns yellow like that. All the others are bare already but that one has held onto the green so far. Have you ever tried making roses from the yellow leaves? I made them once but didn't dip them in paraffin to save them.

Wavejumper said...

That raccoon better not try for a coconut crab....those things are massive!

Well third time is the charm right? So this Nov you will take pictures!

I like fall and the colors and how that flows to cards like yours :)

We have a massive windy day today-which means maybe we have lost a lot of our leaves too since it is on the heels a big drop down in temp. :(

hugs Margot