Sunday 7 June 2020

Farmleigh

Friday was our anniversary, and I had hoped that the weather would be good enough for me to cycle to Farmleigh on the way home from work, and for C to meet me there. In fact, it was light rain for most of my cycle, and heavy thundershowers after we got home, but we were lucky to enjoy a mostly sunny spell while we were there. The walled gardens, sadly, were closed; probably because it would be hard to maintain social distancing along the narrow paths. And of course we were far too late for the magnolia and the cherry blossom. But I don't remember ever seeing the catalpa in bloom before, and we were intrigued by the tetracentron sinense

Despite the fact that C had assured me that the bicycle would fit in the back of the car, it didn't - or at least, not without taking the wheel off. I can't say I was surprised, but he was!










In fact, I put almost all the photos here but there are a handful more in a Google Photos album HERE

No comments: