Thursday 18 June 2020

Botanic Gardens

We did well! On the heels of our quick trip to Farmleigh, and with restrictions eased so that we can now travel within our own county, we took a trip to the Botanic Gardens the following Monday.  I've been so busy ever since that I still haven't had time to edit all the photos, but here are a handful. The heavy thundershower the previous Friday hadn't done much for the peonies, but some still looked good. It was lovely to see all the bees buzzing about. There was a one-way system (with a map posted by the pedestrian entrance but NOT at the carpark, so we didn't get to see it till we were starting our second time round to get to the lily ponds. We passed on going round a third time to get to the rose garden) and the glasshouses were all closed, but it was a wonderful morning out. We saw not one but two turtles (tortoises? I'm never sure. I know turtles swim so if they're in the water that's what I call them). No dragonflies, though - I was hoping for some of those.
 











No comments: