Wednesday 31 July 2024

July Favourites

 Not very many - it's been a busy month in work and I had a couple of family events on.

I appear to have no photos from last August - again probably because I was still in the thick of dealing with my aunt's house and that was taking all my time and energy and days off.

The hummingbird is a ruby-topaz, from the book of kirigami paper birds I bought in France a few years ago. The head and breast are base layers covered with tiny punched circles - but it went faster than I thought it might. 











This is cold off the needles, and very unseasonable. I used up a lot of the leftovers from various socks to knit a scarf for C. It was something like 500 or 600 stitches on the needle, as it's knit sideways. Nice to get a lot of scraps used up, although I had a bright red that wasn't suitable to incorporate. You break the wool at the end of each row and leave enough to tie the fringe, so there was practically no darning in of loose ends - a big bonus. Currently finishing off a pair of socks and I've just started a winter cardigan. 




1 comment:

Lorraine said...

How many ways can I say WOW! That is one cute cat and I'm loving the hummingbird. Talk about detail work! They're all so wonderful. Loving the scarf too. How clever to make the fringe at the same time - and the long stripes are such a great change to the typical way you see stripes. Always love seeing your monthly round-ups!