Thursday 29 February 2024

February Favourites

 Thin on the ground... we've been short-staffed in work and I've had to do extra days, 








I spent a weekend mid-month with my sister. The weather was pretty dreary, but we went to a forest park beside a reservoir, also the national rowing centre of Ireland - it was a pleasant walk in spite of the misty drizzle, and there was a little van selling hot drinks which was a nice treat afterwards.



An abundance of red berries, which we presumed were not attractive to the birds as there were so many of them. 







I had a rather unnerving experience on Monday when my front brake stopped working shortly after leaving home. I had felt it was a bit loose and was thinking I must book a service sooner rather than later, when it went altogether. I was careful but not overly worried because I knew we had replaced the rear cable just before Christmas, so it was quite a shock when the rear brake too stopped working totally - luckily on the flat, and luckily near work so I didn't have too far to push the bike. And luckily a day C was working at home, and was able to come in at lunch and pick me up.
As I walked I passed this utility box, which has definitely been repainted as used to be something else altogether.
Two  new brake cables and everything is fine again, but especially when one was almost brand new it's a bit of a mystery to everybody how it could have happened.




2 comments:

Lorraine said...

That first card made me giggle - so glad you showed the inside message. And I love the sentiment on the second one. Your cards always lift my spirits. And how nice to find a warm drink at the end of your walk.

Jane Harrah said...

Loved the cards and the pictures! I am in Delaware, USA and it is fun to see pics from Ireland! Thank you for sharing and I am glad you were safe on the b
bike!