Tuesday 28 February 2023

February Favourites

 I do have several cards I like for February, I think the longer evenings are helping. I'm going to attempt updating my header photo with one from the Botanic Gardens last March, but it may have to wait till I'm at the PC later in the week. 

I should have stopped on the way home today, 

but I thought that by the time I stopped, put my bike on its stand, took my gloves off and got my phone or, they would probably have flown away, so I didn't bother.  We've had a fair amount of wind recently, and there are a lot of small branches on the ground. As I was coming though the park I saw a pair of crows who were stripping the soft bark if the branches, and they had their breaks full of strands of bark. Nesting time, for sure ...


The first card was for a challenge to use three, the card with the fern background was to use two. The Beetles card was to commemorate the first appearance of the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. That was wide open to interpretation and I'm always happy to make something with a yellow submarine or an octopuses garden, but I thought I'd use a couple of the stamps from a series by Pink Ink Designs. I treated myself to them after Christmas because the singer, used here, the guitar player and the sax player will all work for cards for C. Without a lot of spare time, two was as many as I could easily fit on one card. 
















1 comment:

Lorraine said...

You are a master of backgrounds and design. Those musical insects are cute. Love them all!